Anamet, a division of Acuren Inspection, Inc., provides materials engineering analysis and laboratory testing services to a diverse base of industries, government entities, and law firms. Anamet’s core competencies include Materials Failure Analysis, Mechanical and Metallurgical Testing, and Chemical Analysis. See our website at www.anametinc.com.
A challenging and rewarding career opportunity exists at Anamet for a materials science/metallurgical engineer with failure analysis and forensic engineering experience.
Specific requirements of the candidate for this position are:
· An advanced degree in Materials Science/Metallurgical Engineering, M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred),
· Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills,
· Hands-on experience with common metallurgical laboratory equipment and instruments,
· Mechanical aptitude and experience with laboratory mechanical testing including tensile, compression, Charpy impact and bend tests,
· Other desirable attributes include: publications and presentation experience in professional journals and at technical meetings/conferences; successful attainment of an EIT certificate with expected completion of the examination requirements for a PE license as soon as eligible.
This position offers a compensation package including a competitive salary, company medical/dental/vision/life insurance benefits, a company contribution to the 401K plan, and paid PTO & holidays.
To apply for this position please submit a comprehensive CV or resume and any supporting materials available including examples of written technical reporting, letters of commendation, description of any legal/litigation testimony or failure investigations performed, as well as a list of 3 professional references with contact information. An on-site interview in Hayward, CA will be offered to qualified candidates.