Anamet, a division of Acuren Inspection, Inc., provides materials engineering analysis and laboratory testing services to a diverse base of industries, government entities, and law firms. Anamet’s core competencies include Materials Failure Analysis, Mechanical and Metallurgical Testing, and Chemical Analysis. www.anametinc.com
Anamet is currently seeking a full-time, entry-level materials engineer to perform the following job duties and responsibilities in the Materials Engineering and QC Testing departments:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Testing Manager and senior technical staff performing laboratory tests and procedures on components and devices from a wide range of industries
- Use digital cameras to examine and photo-document as-received parts from customers
- Use measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers, and image analysis software, to record critical dimensions and significant features on parts
- Use a variety of cutting tools, including band saws, abrasive saws, and plasma cutter, for sectioning specimens for analysis from larger components
- Prepare specimens for metallography using laboratory equipment for mounting, grinding, polishing, and chemical etching
- Use metallurgical laboratory instruments including stereomicroscope, Keyence digital microscope, metallograph, and hardness and microhardness testers
- Prepare chemical solutions of common acids and bases used to etch specimens for metallography, and maintain etchant library
- Perform occasional field metallography in industrial environments
- Perform liquid penetrant or magnetic particle testing to look for cracks in parts
- Perform routine maintenance of metallurgical laboratory equipment, order necessary consumables and supplies
- Interface with laboratory instrument suppliers and their service personnel as needed
This position reports directly to the Testing Manager.
- Education: B.S. in Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering
- Experience: Some relevant engineering employment experience including internships is preferred, but not required
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic machine tool safety
- Basic chemical laboratory safety using acids and bases
- Organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and the ability to learn specialty software that interfaces with metallurgical laboratory equipment
- Detail oriented person, good verbal communication skills, fast learner, reliable team player with strong work ethic and customer-centric mind-set, flexibility and adaptability to activities that can vary day-to-day
Ability to safely lift at least 40 lbs., and from time-to-time to work while on a ladder or scaffolding. Pass Pulmonary Function Test and wear half-face and full-face respirators.
Eligible to obtain a Transportation Worker Identity Card (TWIC)
The company offers an industry-competitive compensation package. In addition, the company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established.