From simple molecules to complex polymers, our organic chemistry laboratory staff has the capability to identify a wide range of organic compounds. We use Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and gas chromatography (GC) to characterize organic materials including paints, plastics, rubbers, polymers, and related materials.
Our capabilities also include product failure analysis, physical and performance testing of paint and coatings, volatile organic compounds (VOC) testing, and flash point analysis.
Anamet's organic chemistry laboratory staff conducts tests in accordance with ASTM, Federal, Military, DOT, EPA, State, and local AQMD methods. All analyses and testing are subjected to rigorous review by our quality control personnel, which assures reliable results and accurate interpretations.
The types of organic chemistry services offered by Anamet include:
- Characterization of Organic Materials
- Physical Characteristics and Performance Testing
- Failure Analysis, Investigation, and Litigation Support
- Product De-formulation (Reverse Engineering)
- Coating Specification Conformance, Development and Enforcement
- NACE Certified Coatings Inspector
- Color and Gloss
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Flash Point
- Ignition Loss (Ashing)
- Accelerated Weathering