Anamet, Inc. provides materials engineering analysis and laboratory testing services to a diverse base of industries, government entities, and law firms. Anamet’s core competencies include Materials Failure Analysis, Mechanical and Metallurgical Testing, and Chemical Analysis. Anamet is currently seeking a full-time (40 hrs per week) Engineer in the Quality Control Department of the business.
This position, which reports directly to Anamet’s President, will assist with all aspects of the duties and responsibilities involved with the company’s Quality Control Program.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will require the following tasks be performed while training and working alongside the Quality Control Manager:
- Maintain the company’s Quality Control Manual, policies, procedures and forms.
- Interpret industry standards and specifications, as they relate to testing requirements, including ASTM, AWS, ANSI/ASME, API, MIL, AMS.
- Facilitate and participate in on-site quality system and process/procedure audits performed by customer-designated auditors, and the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) audits to ISO 17025. The latter occurs once every 2 years.
- Conduct root cause evaluations of laboratory conditions requiring some corrective action, document corrective/preventive action in a CAR, and verify implementation and efficacy of same.
- Review industry-specific technical documents including test standards, specifications, drawings and certifications, and verify that laboratory tests and inspections are performed in compliance therewith.
- Verify proper operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory testing instrumentation.
- Provide training to employees on quality-related topics as required under our quality program.
Education: BS in Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant industrial or testing laboratory experience is required. Quality control experience in a materials testing laboratory given high preference. Please document in your resume or cover letter specific relevant laboratory or industry experience commensurate with the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities indicated above.
- Knowledge and application of industry standards and specifications including ASTM, AWS, ASME, API, MIL, AMS
- Basic algebra and geometry
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret basic engineering drawings supplied by customers as well as customer testing specifications
- Experience with a LIMS system highly desirable
- Computer skills and a working knowledge of MS office software is essential (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Reliable team player with a strong work ethic and customer-centric mind-set.
Ability to safely lift at least 20 lbs.
Required working hours are 8 AM – 5 PM.
Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. The company offers an industry-competitive compensation package often including a discretionary end-of-year bonus.
The company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) to employees.