Anamet is seeking a full-time, 40 hours/week, Laboratory Technician to perform the following job duties and responsibilities:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with senior engineers and technical staff performing various laboratory tests and procedures on components and devices from a wide range of industries.
· Use a variety of cutting tools for sectioning parts: band saws, abrasive saws, plasma cutter
· Use digital cameras to document parts
· Use measuring tools to document parts: calipers, micrometers, image analysis software
· Prepare specimens for metallography using laboratory equipment for mounting, grinding, polishing, and chemical etching
· Use metallurgical laboratory instruments including: stereomicroscope, digital microscope, metallograph, and hardness testers
· Prepare chemical solutions of common acids and bases used to etch specimens for metallography, and maintain etchant library
· Perform occasional field metallography in industrial environments such as refineries and power plants
· Perform routine maintenance of metallurgical laboratory equipment, order necessary consumables and supplies
· Interface with laboratory instrument suppliers and their service personnel
· Perform liquid penetrant or magnetic particle testing to look for cracks in parts
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Laboratories.
· Education: AA degree with science courses or post-secondary school technical certification desirable
· Experience: Hands-on experience in a laboratory or mechanical shop environment desirable
Detail oriented person, fast learner, good at following directions, reliable team player with strong verbal skills, work ethic and customer-centric mind-set, flexibility and adaptability to activities that vary day-to-day.
· Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic machine tool safety
· Basic chemical laboratory safety using acids and bases
· Working knowledge of MS Office software and the ability to learn specialty software that interfaces with metallurgical laboratory equipment
Ability to safely lift at least 40 lbs. Ability to wear a respirator and pass pulmonary function test.
Schedule: Required working hours are 8 AM – 5 PM.
Substance Abuse Testing and Background Check: Individual will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is based on education and experience listed in Qualifications. The company offers an industry-competitive compensation package often including a discretionary end‑of-year bonus. The company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter by e-mail, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position and specific relevant experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.