Anamet is currently seeking a full-time, 40 hours/week, Manual Machinist with basic CNC skills (Conversational CNC or G-Code) to work in our in-house machine shop. Experience with metals and plastics machining is required.
The finished products produced by our machine shop are primarily ASTM test specimens (tensile bars, Charpy V-notch bars and bend specimens) machined from specific locations on industrial components that are then tested in our in-house mechanical testing laboratory by skilled technicians.
Each job submitted to the machine shop can be somewhat different. We receive large industrial components such as pipe, structural beams, thick-walled plate, castings and forgings, and sometimes very small pieces material from which test specimens must be machined.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Review “job traveler” paperwork submitted to the machinist shop queue daily by the testing manager and follow the instructions on the traveler to saw cut and finish machine ASTM test specimens cut from specific locations on customer submitted industrial components.
· Machine a variety of metals but primarily carbon steel and low-alloy steels, stainless steel, aluminum and brasses, as well as common industrial plastics such as HDPE and epoxy-based composites. On occasion, nickel-based and titanium alloys are submitted to the machine shop.
· Maintain identification of machined specimens by stamping a unique ID number on each specimen, as specified in the job traveler.
· Maintain safe machining practices by adhering to industry norms for the craft, and internal safety procedures and requirements.
· Work alongside other machinists in the machine shop, usually on separate job travelers, but sometimes in tandem on the same project.
· Special machining projects may occur on occasion and include fabrication of mechanical testing fixtures from sketches provided by staff engineers.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Hands-on experience as a machinist, basic math skills, attention to detail, good verbal communication skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment at times.
Experience with set-up and operation of the following machine shop equipment is required:
· vertical band saws, guillotine saws, lathes, vertical mills, surface and pedestal grinders and drill presses.
Some specific on-the-job training on an Acu-Rite G2 CNC mill will be provided on the job, but prior experience with CNC machines is a big plus.
Ability to safely lift at least 40 lbs.
Schedule: Typical working hours 8 AM – 5 PM. Some overtime may be required on short notice.
Compensation and Benefits
· Compensation is based on match with requirements listed in Qualifications and Skills Required.
· Benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and paid vacation & holidays.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter by e-mail describing your interest in this position, and any specific relevant experience, to the following address with “Machinist” in the subject line: email@example.com. No calls please.