Anamet, Inc. provides materials engineering analysis and laboratory testing services to a diverse base of industries, government entities, and law firms. Anamet’s core competencies include Materials Failure Analysis, Mechanical and Metallurgical Testing, and Chemical Analysis.
Anamet is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Technical Assistant in the Testing Services and Quality Department of the business.
This position, which reports directly to Anamet’s President, will assist with all aspects of the duties and responsibilities involved with the company’s Testing Services and Quality Program:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will require the following tasks be performed while working alongside the Testing Manager and Quality Control Manager:
• Maintain the company’s Quality Control Manual, policies, procedures and forms.
• Interpret industry standards and specifications, as they relate to testing requirements, including ASTM, AWS, ANSI/ASME, API, MIL, AMS.
• Facilitate and participate in on-site quality system and process/procedure audits performed by customer-designated auditors, and American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) audits to ISO 17025.
• Conduct root cause evaluations of laboratory conditions requiring some corrective action, document corrective/preventive action in a CAR, and verify implementation and efficacy of same.
• Review industry-specific technical documents including test standards, specifications, drawings and certifications, and verify that laboratory tests and inspections are performed in compliance therewith.
• Verify proper operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory testing instrumentation.
• Provide training to employees on quality-related topics as required under our quality program.
• Handle incoming customer calls requesting Mechanical, Chemical and Metallurgical laboratory testing services.
• Quote laboratory testing requests per customer specifications or an industry standard specification using company internal guidelines.
• Enter new job records into a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) program.
• Coordinate technician manpower within the testing laboratories on a day-to-day basis to manage the jobs in the various testing queues.
Education: BS in Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred, post-secondary technical or vocational school credentials considered along with extensive experience in a similar work environment.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant industrial or testing laboratory experience is required. Quality control experience in a materials testing laboratory given high preference. Please document in your resume or cover letter specific relevant laboratory or industry experience commensurate with the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities indicated above.
• Knowledge and application of industry standards and specifications including ASTM, AWS, ASME, API, MIL, AMS
• Basic algebra and geometry
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to read and interpret basic engineering drawings supplied by customers as well as customer testing specifications
• Experience with a LIMS system highly desirable
• Some experience or knowledge of machining techniques and equipment including lathes, mills, surface grinders, band saws, drill press and basic shop hand tools (machine/equipment operation not required, but knowledge of the techniques is)
• Computer skills and a working knowledge of MS office software is essential (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
• Most importantly, seeking a reliable team player with a strong work ethic and customer-centric mind-set.
Ability to safely lift at least 50 lbs.
Schedule: Required working hours are 8 AM – 5 PM. Some overtime may be required on short notice.
Substance Abuse Testing and Background Check: Individual will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and background check.
Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. The company offers an industry-competitive compensation package often including a discretionary end-of-year bonus.
The company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) to employees.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter by e-mail describing your interest in this position, specific relevant experience, and your salary history to email@example.com. No calls please.
• Qualified candidates will be contacted for a screening telephone interview.
• Following the telephone interview, if there is further mutual interest, an in-person interview at the laboratory will be scheduled to meet with the Director/President, Associate Director/Vice President, Lab Testing Manager, and QC Manager
• A short, written test to assess technical level in basic math and reasoning will be administered at the on-site interview.
Anamet, inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.