Anamet, Inc. provides materials engineering analysis and laboratory testing services to a diverse base of industries, government entities, and law firms. Anamet’s core competencies include Materials Failure Analysis, Mechanical and Metallurgical Testing, and Chemical Analysis.
Anamet is currently seeking a full-time, 40 hours/week, analytical chemist to perform the following job activities and responsibilities in our Chemistry Department:
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform analyses on a variety of metals and metal alloys using instrument techniques including OES, ICP, WD-XRF and Leco combustion for carbon, sulfur, oxygen and nitrogen concentration
• Perform analysis of organic materials including polymers and coatings by FT-IR and GC
• Perform wet chemistry techniques for specific elements, and preparation of solutions and standards for ICP analysis
• Periodically assist with inspection and sampling of industrial and commercial coatings in the field. Must be able to safely climb a single-story ladder for periodic as-applied coatings/paints sample extraction from building surfaces. Some local travel in your personal vehicle required.
• Manage chemical waste disposal and chemical inventory
• Perform general laboratory housekeeping and maintain compliance with laboratory safety program
This person will take instructions from incumbent chemists on specific laboratory procedures and methods performed in the department. The position reports to the Director of Chemistry.
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry preferred, related science field with direct laboratory experience will be considered
• Experience: Analytical chemistry skills or direct laboratory experience is highly desirable
• Experience with some of the computerized analytical instruments listed in the bullet points above.
• Excellent math and computer skills and a working knowledge of MS office software, particularly Excel
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Fast learner with a strong work ethic and a reliable team player
Ability to safely lift at least 40 lbs.
Schedule: Typical working hours 8 AM – 5 PM. Some overtime may be required on short notice
Compensation is based on match with education and experience listed in Qualifications. The company offers an industry-competitive compensation package often including a discretionary end-of-year bonus.
The company offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and paid vacation & holidays.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter by e-mail describing your interest in this position, and any specific relevant experience, to the following email address with Chemist in the subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Anamet, inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.