Dilip Bhandarkar, D.Eng., P.E.
- Testing Manager, Senior Materials Engineer
- 510.887.8811 x117
Dilip Bhandarkar brings more than 40 years of experience to his role as Anamet’s Testing Manager and Senior Materials Engineer. As Testing Manager, Dilip is responsible for interfacing with customers regarding cost estimates and schedules for testing services. He has substantial experience in materials characterization, verifying conformance to standard specifications, specialized hardware testing, and weld procedure qualifications. Dilip also serves as a technical resource for engineers and technicians on chemical, mechanical, and metallurgical testing.
Prior to joining Anamet, Dilip was employed for 18 years as Senior Metallurgist and Manager of Special Projects for an Anamet predecessor, Anamet Laboratories, after which he gained 20 years of experience in the computer hard-disk drive industry. While at Anamet Laboratories, Dilip performed failure analysis for a broad spectrum of industries and provided expert witness testimony in failure analysis litigation. His failure analysis experience includes automotive, aerospace, maritime, public transportation, public utilities, petroleum refining, foundry and metal forming, consumer products, and chemical processing industries. His expertise includes materials characterization for a wide variety of materials (steels, aluminum alloys, copper alloys, nickel alloys, solders, plated parts, and plastics). During his tenure in the disk-drive industry, Dilip had a leadership role in materials and process selection, surface treatments, corrosion protection, contamination control, testing and evaluation of drive parts, supplier quality, and failure analysis.
D.Eng., Materials Science & Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
M.S., Materials Science & Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
B.T., Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
Licenses & Certifications
Licensed Professional Metallurgical Engineer, California, #1710
Dilip’s project experience includes:
- Materials properties, standard specifications, weld-procedure qualification requirements and testing to verify conformance
- Optical and scanning electron microscopy, mechanical testing, corrosion evaluation, and metallurgical failure analysis
- Materials and process recommendations, specifications, testing and failure analysis of components for computer hard-disk-drives, leading to improvements in component quality and drive reliability
- Supplier quality control and process improvements for disk-drive components